BY DR. OLANIKE BUSARI

*ONE YEAR AFTER SHE CALLED ME AN IDIOT...* 


By Dr Olanike Busari 

*Important Lessons* 


She asked a question in a general group on WhatsApp. 

I responded to the question professionally. 


She tagged my response and typed: *"you're an idiot"*


I replied: *"Thanks so much, now that you point my attention to this idiotic part of me, I'll surely work on it, God bless you my dear..."*


*And the whole place shook. Over 118 people commented and were so surprised by my response. Of course she was terribly bashed to the extent that she left the group.*


*An hour later she called me to apologise* for her stupidity bla bla bla. 

We became friends.


Then I ended up handling her premarital counselling sessions. 


Two days ago, on my birthday, she and her husband gave me a gift worth *over 1.2million naira.*

This was a year after she called me an idiot.


*Life Lessons from this experience.*


*1. MATURITY:* Your reaction to negative feedbacks  or situations shows how *mature* you are.


*2. CHOICE:* You have the power of choice whenever anybody does or says anything offensive to you.


*3. SELF CONTROL:* If someone calls you anything negative and you lose yourself and begin to fight or shout or do anything terrible, you only prove them right.


*4. SILENCE IS GOLDEN:* It is better to keep quiet and people think you're a fool than for you to open your mouth and they confirm you're truly a fool.

 

*5. DISCERNMENT:* You cannot because the baby pooed in his bath throw the baby away with the bath water.

 

*6. POSITIVE POWER:* You have the power to *win people through your maturity and composure* and not through overly being more sanctimonious than the person.

 

*7. POSITIVE IMPACT:* Life is all about people. If I had responded to her negatively, *I would have lost a friend forever.*


*8. WISDOM:* There are people who are sent to you by God to help your journey in life to be worthwhile, your *meeting point might be at a fighting point.* Be wise, even when you're angry.


*9. HUMILITY:* She was humble enough to call and apologize. 


*10. RECONCILIATION:* Maybe there's someone you need to reconcile with today also, go ahead and do just that.


*With these 10  key lessons, we can all get better with ourselves*

Comments

Popular Posts