She was also making a tangible difference for herself

Not long ago, I was having lunch in a restaurant staffed with a large contingent of twenty-something server. The young man waiting on me was personable and took my order after a reasonable period of time, but I noticed that the young waitress serving a table close by was much more energetic and attentive. She had a bigger smile and a warmer disposition. What impressed me most was that when a party left one of her tables, she rushed over and cleared it. The other servers stood around talking while waiting for the harried buspeople to clean off tables.
All of those employees were doing their jobs, but it seemed to me that this young woman was doing more. Her attitude was making a difference. Her customers appeared to be happier because they were seated more quickly. Her efficiency also benefited the restaurant's hosts since they could move people into tables more quickly. This waitress was not only making a difference for those around her, she was also making a tangible difference for herself. Her willingness to pitch in and clear her own tables meant that she was able to serve more customers and get more tips during the shift.

Comments

  1. As we lay our bed, that's how we will sleep, what ever you do on someone business, that's same thing that will become ur norms when you becoming independent. Great post and inspiring. Keep the good work on Jite a.k.a J.P Morgan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Mentor and my brother and my family. Strong words, I fellow.
      Appreciate and Grateful.

      Delete
  2. Thank you and God bless. Free talk. Just pick a phrase for yourself and your people. Be a doer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts